This Fennel Soup with smoked Salmon is one of the flavours of September. A bit old-fashioned, not always appreciated, this is a vegetable that deserves to be rediscovered for its flavours and its benefits. Not only is Fennel an economical and easy to prepare vegetable, but in addition Fennel is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals.
First, here is the list of the different ingredients you will need to prepare the Fennel Soup with Smoked Salmon that serves 4
- 2 small slices of smoked salmon
- 2 Fennel bulbs
- 1 sprig of dill
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 100 ml or 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Salt and pepper from the mill
Now, here are the few steps you will have to follow to make the Fennel Soup with Smoked Salmon with a preparation of 15 minutes and a cooking time of 35 minutes.
- Cut the sprigs and cores of the fennel bulbs. Eliminate the first outer leaves if they are too damaged. Tear off the leaves and rinse them. Cut the leaves into small pieces. Place them in a saucepan and cover them with 500 ml or 2 big cups of water. Salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Wash and dry the dill sprigs. Cut the smoked salmon into strips.
Mix the fennel soup finely. Pour it back into the pan, add the whipping cream and heat over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Divide the Fennel Soup between bowls, sprinkle with the slices of smoked salmon and sprigs of dill. Give a turn of the pepper mill before serving.