This Acorn Squash and Cranberry Soup is a super soup full of vitamins and a bond with our dear Quebec. Quebec, being the first producer of organic cranberries in the world ! Finally, The Cranberry contains more antioxidants than blueberries, apples, red wine and grapes. So we no longer hesitate and we enjoy.
First, here is the list of the different ingredients you will need to prepare the Acorn Squash and Cranberry Soup that serves 6
- 1 Tbsp or 15 ml olive oil
- 2/3 cup or 60 g minced leek + 25 g and 60 g diced celery
- 4 cups or 1 liter of chicken stock
- 2 cups or 300 g minced acorn squash
- 2 x 1 cup or 2 x 100 g fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 tsp or 8 g fresh ginger
- 1 cup or 250 ml milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp or 45 ml maple syrup and 1/2 cup or 125 ml water
Now, here are the different steps you will have to follow to make the Squash and Cranberry Soup with a preparation of 30 minutes and a cooking of 45 minutes.
Start by heating the olive oil and brown the leek and celery over low heat.
Add all the other ingredients except the 25g leek, 100g Cranberries and the milk. Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes. When the vegetables are tender, put everything in a blender and sift. Finally, add the milk.
At the same time, in a small saucepan, combine the 25 g of chopped leek left aside, the remaining 100 g of Cranberries, maple syrup and water. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Conclusion: For the dressing, pour the soup into plates or cups, place the cranberry filling in the center and serve immediately with toasted sourdough bread if you like.