What is a classic Beef stew in red wine from Bourgogne in France? Beef Bourguignon ! Here, My Beef Bourguignon is enhanced with the tang of orange zest and enriched with sun dried tomato paste that “melt” into the sauce. Now, see how its done at laclassedecuisine.com and… Bon Appétit !
First, here is the list of the different ingredients you will need to prepare My Beef Bourguignon that serves 4
- 4 lb beef (scoter, gite or heel) chopped and 1/2 cup bacon
- 1 tbsp flour, 2 Tbsp butter, 2 Tbsp oil and 2 garlic cloves
- one bouquet garni
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste, 1 orange, zest and juice and 1 cup water
- Chopped parsley
For the marinade
- 1 bottle of red wine, 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 carrots, 1 onion, 2 shallots, 2 garlic cloves
- Parsley, thyme and 1 bay leave
- 3 whole cloves and 5 peppercorns
Now, here are the different steps you will need to follow to make My Beef Bourguignon
The day before, put the meat cut into large cubes in a bowl with all elements of the marinade.
The next day, drain and pat the meat dry with paper towels before attempting to scorch over high heat with a little oil. Then add the spices of the marinade (carrot, onion, shallots) and butter. cook 15 minutes uncovered, then sprinkle with the tablespoon of flour. Let the flour become lightly brown.
Cover the meat with the marinade and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper, 1 cup water, tomato paste, orange zest and juice, garlic and bouquet garni. Cover and cook very gently for 2 hours.
30 minutes before end of cooking, put the potatoes or tagliatelle cooked with water. Fry the bacon in a pan and when golden brown, drain them and add them to your casserole.