The Nordic Fish Stew is an association of fresh ingredients. Follow our gourmet ideas. They are the hallmarks of this month. Colourful, fragrant, quick to prepare. This Nordic Fish Stew is a generous recipe, easy to digest and loved by everyone!
First you will find hereunder the list of the different ingredients you will need to prepare the Nordic Fish Stew that serves 4
- 600 g or 1 1/4 lb pieces of nordic fish like Cod,Hake and Salmon.
- 450 g or 2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 200 g or about 8 oz cut flat beans (optional)
- one onion sliced in thin strips
- 2 tablets of court-bouillon diluted in 1 cup of water
- 100 ml or about 3 oz dry white wine
- 100 ml or 3 oz whipping cream
- 1 big tbsp corn starch
Now you will have to follow the few steps to make the Nordic Fish Stew in about 20 minutes of preparation and 30 minutes of cooking
In a pot, heat the wine and the onion slices and let reduce it for 5 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms, cornstarch diluted into the cream then add the broth and cook for 5 more minutes.
Add the three kind of fish cut in pieces and cook for 15 minutes more over medium heat, covered. Meanwhile, cook the flat beans chopped for 5 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain the beans, add them to the creamy fish stew if you wish and serve immediately.
If you prefer, you can serve this Nordic Fish Stew with some small boiled potatoes and… Bon Appétit !