This New Yorker Cheese Cake is THE Cake that my entire family loves. The great advantage of a Cheese Cake is the ease with which it can be put together. So don’t hesitate and try it without a doubt…
First, here is the list of the different Ingredients you will need to make the New Yorker Cheese Cake that serves for 6
- 900 g (2 lb) cream cheese
- 3 fresh eggs at room temperature
- and 2 egg whites of them beaten stiff
- 180 g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 75 g (1/4 cup) corn starch
- 1 package butter or ginger cookies
- 100 g (1/3 cup) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 ml (1/3 cup) sour cream, optional.
Now here are the different steps you will need to follow to make the New Yorker Cheese Cake
First, preheat your oven to 320°F or 160°C. Crumble the cookies small, add the melted butter, mix well with the melted butter and line on the bottom of a mold with a removable bottom. Set aside.
Then,put the Philadelphia cheese in the bowl of a KitchenAid robot . Beat the cream cheese with a flat beater and add the eggs one by one, then the caster sugar mixed with the cornstarch and finally the vanilla extract. Continue whisking well and beat for 2 minutes. Finally, gently add the egg whites beaten stiff and mix gently.
After that, pour the mixture into the mold. Bake the cake while the mold was surrounded by aluminium foil and placed in a water bath and bake for about 1 hour or as soon as the center of the cake is still slightly wobbling.