In this Chicken Pie with Puff Pastry there is beauty, bold flavours in simplicity. Make this mouthwatering meal tonight and no slaving over the stove is required.
Here is the list of ingredients you need to make the Chicken Pie with Puff Pastry for 4 people
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 thyme sprigs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 tsp cornstarch whisked with 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Now here are the few steps you need to follow to make the Chicken Pie with Puff Pastry
First, Preheat oven to 400 °F (200°C). Cook the shallot in some Olive oil in a large casserole over medium heat until soft, about 4 minutes.Then, add carrots and potatoes. Cook until soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add white wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes and then, add stock. bring to a boil. Add chicken chunks and thyme. Cook for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add cornstarch mixture and cream. Bring to a simmer. cook until thick, about 5 minutes.
Pour mixture among the oven proof dish and top with pastry. Brush with egg. Cut a hole into the pastry to vent. Bake on a baking sheet until golden, that is to say about 15 to 25 minutes.