With a slightly sweet and spicy sauce, these Cod Cakes with Spaghettis and Tomato Sauce are able to capture the spirit of Mediterranean tables, but healthy, with plenty of fresh herbs…
First, here is the list of the different ingredients you will need to make the Cod Cakes with Spaghettis and Tomato Sauce that Serves 4 with a Preparation and Cooking time of 35 + 45 minutes
- 3 slices of white bread without the crust about 1/3 cup or 60 g
- 3 lb or 600 g cod fillets
- 1 finely chopped onion and 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- one handful chopped parsley and 1 handful chopped coriander
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin and 1 tsp salt
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups or 600 g tomato coulis
- 1 tsp caster sugar and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lb or 250 g spaghettis
Sauté garlic and thyme in 2 Tbsp olive oil. Pour the tomato sauce, salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and increase the heat to give a broth. Let aside.
Reduce the bread crumbs in a food processor. Slice the fish fillets into very small cubes and place in a bowl with bread and all other ingredients except olive oil. Mix well then with your hands, form compact cakes. If the cakes seem a little too soft you can add some breadcrumbs …
Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil in a pan and grill the fish cakes 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Cook the spaghettis al dante. When ready, Drain them. Serve the spaghettis with the tomato sauce and place the fish cakes on top and serve.