For a taste of how cooking can help you feel balanced and well throughout the cold months, try this recipe of Roasted Pineapple in Spiced Honey ! You will just love it…
Ingredients for 4 People:
- 1 fresh whole pineapple
- 750 g ( 3 cups) caster sugar
- 100 g ( 6 Tbsp) butter
- the zest of 1lime, 1lemon and 1 orange cut into strips
- 1 vanilla pod
- 150 g ( 3/4 cup) liquid honey
- 8 g ( 1/2 Tbsp) cardamom
- 5 g (1 tsp) coriander seeds
- 10 g (3/4 Tbsp) star anise
- 5 g (1 tsp) juniper berry
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 10 g (3/4 Tbsp) pink pepper in grain
Peel and prepare the pineapple and keep it full. In a saucepan, bring honey to a boil, add the spices and infuse off the heat.
Boil 2 liters of water with the sugar, the vanilla and zest of the 3 citrus. Once the syrup is ready, immerse the pineapple and cook gently for about 45 minutes, depending on the size of the pineapple.
Let cool completely and drain the pineapple. Finally, put your pineapple in a roasting pan with the butter and brown it on all sides. Add the spicy honey coating well your pineapple and serve immediately.