Ingredients for 4 people:
- 200 g (1 cup) soft cheese
- 350 g (3/4 lb) of rhubarb
- 250 g (1 pint) strawberries
- 120 g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 15 g (2 tbsp) butter
- 6 tbsp vanilla sugar
- The juice of one orange and one lemon
- 20 g (3 tbsp) flour
- icing sugar for dusting
Saute the chopped rhubarb with 50 g (2oz) sugar in a small skillet with the butter.Cook 15 minutes over low heat and covered. Drain.
Arrange rhubarb and chopped strawberries into a baking dish. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar, press the citrus and dilute 100 ml of this juice into the flour. Let thicken over low heat.
Mix egg yolks, soft cheese and remaining sugar. Add the citrus paste. Beat the egg whites until stiff and add them gently to the batter. Pour the preparation on top of the fruits. Put the dish under the broiler for 8 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar, wait 5 minutes then serve.