This Salad has a great flavour and texture contrasts with the sweet shallot vinaigrette against the bitter mixed greens and sharp grapefruit…
Serves 4 Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup (100g) walnuts or Almonds
- 2 grapefruits, supremed, juice reserved
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp grated grapefruit zest
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 big bowl mixed salad greens
- 2/3 cup bean sprouts
- 1 oz. Gorgonzola or Roquefort Cheese, crumbled ( optional)
Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallots and cook 5 minutes or until soft. Add grapefruit juice, vinegar and zest and sizzle 10 seconds. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Pour over greens and toss to coat.
Top with bean sprouts, Gorgonzola or Roquefort Cheese, grapefruit supremes and walnuts and serve immediately.
( To supreme a grapefruit trim both ends of the fruit down to the flesh. Stand fruit upright. Remove peel and pith with a sharp knife, following curve of fruit from top to bottom. Hold fruit over a bowl and cut sections along membranes as if slicing out wedges, releasing fleshy “supremes”).