Ingredients for 6 people:
- 100 g (1/3 cup) butter
- 9 scallops cut into thin slices
- 200 g (1/2 lb) peeled shrimp
- 2 Sole fillets, cut into large cubes
- 200 ml (1 cup) of broth
- 100 ml ( 1/2 cup) of white wine
- 1 egg yolk
- 125 g (1/2 cup) mushrooms
- Parsley, a handful
- 1 shallot, sliced
- breadcrumbs (3/4 cup) home made
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a heavy saucepan, make a roux with 40 g (2 Tbsp) butter and 30 g ( 3 Tbsp) flour. Add the white wine and some broth. Let boil for two minutes and stir continuously and allow the sauce to thicken considerably. Then thin it out with some broth to a medium consistency before adding the egg yolk.
Taste carefully for seasoning. Gently fold the seafood mix into the sauce, and finish by adding the shallot, parsley, mushrooms preparation. Spread in an already well buttered baking dish. Sprinkle the bread crumbs onto the dish and distribute the butter in small dots. Bake in top part of preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until crust is nicely golden brown.