With these Stuffed Peppers, it’s a hot South American wind blowing in your kitchen. This is the opportunity to add spice and color to our July table. Here is an invitation to travel at the beginning of summer …
First here is the list of the different ingredients you will need to prepare the Stuffed Peppers that serves 4 People.
- About 2 lb or 600 g minced beef
- 6 small tomatoes or 4 big ones
- 4 large red peppers
- 1 green salad
- 3 chopped onions and 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1 half small bunch of chopped flat-leaf parsley and a few small sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp or 40 ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Now, here are the few steps you will have to follow to make the Stuffed Peppers with a preparation of 25 minutes and a cooking time of 1 hour 10
- Brown the onions over medium heat in some olive oil. As soon as they become golden brown, add the beef and garlic and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the thyme, parsley and diced tomatoes. Add salt and pepper as you like. Simmer over low heat, covered, for half an hour.
- Remove the thyme sprigs. Preheat the oven to 335 °F or 170 °C. Remove the caps from the red bell peppers, core them and rinse them. Fill each pepper with the beef stuffing.
- Arrange the peppers in an ovenproof dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Serve the peppers with your green salad and if you feel like it, a few small roast potatoes that you cooked in some olive oil.